Thursday, January 12, 2017

Hasselblad Master Ali Rajabi: streetwise in NYC

"As a street photographer you need to stay in the dark and be invisible to people,” he says, “and you find yourself walking as much as you can to find the best spots to work. My concept for the project was focused on the morning and that gave me only two to three hours of time to be where I needed to be, because after that the sunlight was getting too harsh.

So I went to different locations and made notes about the angle of the light at certain times and drew some sketches to plan out the shots I wanted to make. Although it wasn’t infallible it gave me a sense of what would happen in the frame. It was kind of surprising and exciting to see in advance how the photos might turn out."

for the full feature head over to Hasselblad, the corresponding book is available from teNeues.



source: Hasselblad

No comments: